


me and samara on girls day at baby beach in Paia!

i LOVE this girl!
ALOHA!
I have been in Hawaii for a little over 2 weeks and God has been doing so many amazing things in my life! He has blessed me with really great relationships. I feel like this is where I belong so I have been praying about applying and joining staff here in Maui once my DTS is done. My outreach leader and I went out for coffee on Wednesday night and I was telling her about my feeling like this is where i belong and i feel like I have purpose and leadership here, so she suggested i really begin praying about joining staff after my DTS! I am excited to hear what God says! If you feel like praying for me, please pray for direction and guidance after DTS and that I will be able to hear the voice of God leading me unto the right path.
God has been stirring up such a passion in my heart for the nations and even for the people here on the island of Maui. We spent an hour on Thursday morning interceding and praying for the Island and People of Maui and our individual outreach locations. God has been showing me that I really need to begin to pray for open doors and opportunities to reach out to the people here in Maui and to be ready in and out of season. This last week God has been answering my prayers and blessing me and giving me opportunities to talk to strangers and tell them why Im here! I have been blessed with so much boldness and have been able to walk up to random strangers in Paia and strike up conversation with them. I have been able to tell so many people about YWAM and what our mission is and talk about how we are going to tell people about Jesus. I just pray that God will use these conversations and strike up a hunger and wonder in these people's hearts even if I walk away without being able to lead them to Christ. And I also pray that this hunger and wonder will cause these people to seek God out until they find Him.
Another thing God has been showing me is how to pray and the importance of prayer and fasting and everything that I have been missing over the years. For a long time, my prayers would consist of selfish things and I basically forgot what and who actually needs prayer. This week my heart has felt broken as I have begun to realize that there are families back at home in desperate need of healing, comfort, miracles and restoration, Also God has been showing me that I really need to begin to pray hard for abortion to and other huge world matters.He has just been filling up my heart with the desire to pray and fast about so many things right now that it has become so overwhelming.
In 2 weeks we will be flying to the big island of Hawaii to Kona to spend one week at the University of Nations! All of the ywam Hawaii bases will be coming so there will be over 800 students! It will be a powerful week and I am so excited!
Some more good and exciting news is that our whole entire base is going to Bangkok Thailand at the end of march for one week!!!!!! I am so excited to go to Thailand since lately within the last year I have had a huge heart for this country.
I am totally excited for my outreach in Indonesia in April! I have such a heart for the children of Indonesia since these children are this country's future generation. I feel that way about the children of any country.
Please join in prayer with me for outreach finances. I still need most of my finances which is around 3000 dollars (first half due on feb.7), so please pray that God will provide! God works in mysterious ways and that is definetly something i've been learning lately.
Hello to my wonderful family back at home, I am so blessed and thankful to have such a loving and supportive family! I miss and love you all so much!
Mahalo!
1 comment:
"I am a Christian, the die has been cast. Ive stepped over the line. My decision has been made. Im a disciple of his. I will not let up, look back, slow down or be still. My past is redeemed, me present makes sense, and my future is secure. Im finished. Im totally done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence or prosperity or position or promotion or popularity. I dont have to be right or first or top or recognized or praised or rewarded. My pace is set, my goal is sure. The road is narrow. My way is rough, my compassions few but my God is reliable and my mission is clear. I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, delayed, or deluded. I will not flinch in the face of adversity nor negotiate at the table of the enemy nor meander in the maze or mediocrity. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. Ill go until he comes, give until I drop, speak all I know of him, and work until he stops me. And when he comes again, he'll have no problem recognizing me because my colors are clear."
Post a Comment