of what happened last week!
Last week Monday through Friday the whole base went on a media fast. We weren't allowed to talk on the phone, no music, no magazines, no internet, nothing! it was hard at first but the whole point of this fast was to build better relationships with everyone around us but first and foremost with God.
Wednesday night we had a Ohana dinner and dance party. Ohana means family in the Hawaiian language. We all got dressed up and had a fancy dinner and dance and it was pretty fun!

Me and my outreach leader Calla!

Anna, Joel and Me. We're all going to Borneo together!

Me and Melissa!
Friday night I went to this realllly beautiful contemporary church in Kihei on the other side of the island. Worship was amazing and the Holy Spirit was there that night. I plan on going to church every friday night!!

in Kihei at church!

Saturday night was 80's dance party night! We all had a blast and dressed up like the 80's and had a great time dancing!

yeah 80's!

the girls!

annd the boys.
Sunday we all left and got on a plane to go to Kona at University of the Nations which is on the Big Island of Hawaii. It was a short 26 minute flight.

we were waiting in line for security.. lonng line!

Borneo girls waiting in line for security!

These are my two awesome outreach leaders!

Me and Calla before boarding our flight.

And we finally arrived in beautiful sunny Kona after a short 26 minute flight!

Sara, Ashley and Me exploring Kona!
Now its monday and Kona is beautiful! Its true paradise here. We are staying on campus and I am staying in a dorm room with about 8 other girls. I love the university setting here. God has already moved in powerful ways. He healed one of our girls from scoliosis this morning as she was crying because she was in such agonizing pain! Then we heard this amazing and moving testimony from this afghanistanian girl. It moved me to tears. When I look at her I see her as a miracle a thousand times over.

hanging out in Kona today.

I am in love with an awesome real God. More and more everday He shows me His love for me. I am blessed to be here in such a beautiful paradise surrounded by the most amazing people. We have all grown to be such a close united family here in Maui and I am so excited for what God has in store!
I will be in Kona until Friday afternoon so I will continue to update what God is doing here!
2 comments:
I cannot believe you would do all of those things with the natives. Have God be with you.
I cannot believe that you would do all of thaose things with tha Natives, Marrissa. I hope that the rest of your trip or trips are going to be worth while and have people open there hearts to God. God be with you! Mikala
Post a Comment