Thursday, April 29, 2010

the lord wants me to write again... okay God:)

two years since i've written. God told me I need to begin writing again, so I said okay.. and the joy in writing has come and I love it! This time I am not writing on the beautiful enchanting island of Maui, or the remote jungles of Indonesia or from a little cyber cafe in thailand. I am sitting in my home, writing from my desktop listening to the most beautiful sound ever created.. voices being raised as they worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. :)
Alot has happened over the last two years. I came home to minnesota from the best six months of my life trusting that the Lord would reveal His plan to me. I struggled with making the decision to commit the next two years of my life to staff for ywam. i ended up turning down the opportunity, my dream, due to fear. my heart, and my passion is for women. restoring value, beauty and worth that has been stolen from them throughout their lives. so i was praying about my next step and i felt the Lord was calling me into cosmetology. doing hair. really? i never saw myself as the type to do hair.. i thought I would always be a nurse, or do business, something I could define myself by with having an education.. but God had other plans... I enrolled in school in September 2009 and graduated March 2010.
School was exciting but also the hardest year of my life. Rediscovering what the world, the beauty industry, is like, entering into an environment where smoking, drinking and sex is the norm. Struggling to remember my identity is in the Lord and not outward appearance. it was a life of competition everyday in body image, fashion, talent, etc.
This was when relationship and growth with the Lord skyrocketed. Even though I constantly felt like I was being dragged down in this cosmetology lifestyle, I realize now this is when I sought the Lord the hardest and the more I seeked Him the more I found Him and the more I found Him the more I could say No and walk away from the daily temptations.
I had the best most God-divine friends I could ask for. I had been praying for them 4 months before I even came home. God immediately within a month of coming back to Rochester put them in my lives. I thank God for my beautiful friends that stood with me over the last 1 1/2 years through the best and worse times of my life.:) divine.
So this leads to what am I doing now?
Well, my heart aches and burns to be back in the missions field. I long to be back in the most remote jungles, just loving, serving, praying and reaching people from every culture, tribe and tongue. I feel led to go to Tijuana Mexico for a missions trip this summer that is being hosted by Bethel. I am praying for finances to come together. Trip costs $350 and then I need a plane ticket to go. I would ask that you would agree with me in praying for provision for this trip! I am also hoping to be a counselor for a signs and wonders children's camp this summer at lake geneva. so there are some exciting ministry doors the lord is bringing me into this summer. YAY!
But for now, I am serving... at bakers square.. :) serving people in this manner, doing what I can. praying to find a job in a salon when the timing is right. excited to hold my shears again, and help another person see the beauty the Lord has given them:)
Running everyday, right now i am running about three miles a day, and working my way back up to seven. love running. it gets me away from realities of my life for a little while. Keeping my eyes fixed on the goal and run and run and run until i get there.
I have found a new joy in painting. i love it. love letting the Lord move my hand and paint the picture He wants to paint. I am saying "pick me up like a paintbrush.. dip your paintbrust and paint the colors of my life.
It has been one of the hardest seasons of my life. I am finally learning to let go of my control issues. because there are these circumstances in my life that I can no longer control or change, the only thing I can do is sit back, pray, hope and believe for the thing i am hoping for and say "okay lord" this is your battle not mine. He is fighting for me:)

So there is a little update of my life over the last two years. going for a run now:) Stay tuned for more!
that is all for now:)

No comments: